Hendel does Israel

While I may no longer technically be in Israel, I have no intention of stopping who I am or what I am about. We all know the timeless Chabad teaching of "Mach Doh Eretz Yisael" - its very empowering. I'll let you know about my journey, my struggles and my dreams. JaHbless.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lag BaOmer in Pictures...

Over 100 people left the comfort of Caulfield, for a night of celebration in the forest of Rowville.

Lag BaOmer 2006, it wasn't Meron, but it got pretty close.

So many faces, so many people, could have been well over a hundred. I'm really not sure.

A group of Israeli backpackers came, and were singing their favorite songs from the Israel.

A fiddler was playing some kind of klezemer/irish/folk fusion, he was standing behind me, not wanting to get his violin to close to the fire.

The noise level raised a notch, Drums beating, shofar blowing, laughter blending smoothly with the music and song.

Everyone there had a sensation of being together, united by the warmth of the fire, and the holiness of the day.

I'm not sure when, but at some stage I passed out on my blanket and fell into a deep sleep.

When I woke up it was 4:00am, and everyone except my good friend Eli G had disapeared. The forest was back to its quiet self. The fire was still glowing but dying down. It was time to go home.


































































12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

moish!!
its me! mars.
can i just ask u something? where did u get that jumper?
because...well..i bought one exactly like that from this op shop in jerusalem like 5 years ago, and it really looks like that! i have no idea what i did with it though...that isn't it, is it?
i miss you. haips and haips.
peace and love. to you and you and you and you (point with your index finger)

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not meiron...but pretty close...
meiron was awesome!

5:59 AM  
Blogger subjewd said...

mars!
it is that jumper, you gave it to me years ago, and recently i found it in my cupboard, amazing.
hope your keeping it real in SF!
when you coming back?
"...I'll be waiting for you..."

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! it IS that jumper!! CRAZY. but good. im in LA. i don't get this city. help!!

6:17 PM  
Blogger subjewd said...

MARS!
how many days till your back? mediatate on the numbers as they get smaller and smaller!

8:25 PM  
Blogger MimJap said...

hey moish! cool blog how are u?
Miriam ash

11:54 AM  
Blogger subjewd said...

thanks!
I'm good, what about you? heading on that trip to israel soon? you know you want to!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ill be back in 15 days. but its getting better. a bit of alright i say. funny and fun. u know when things are like that? i think i need to email YOU personally.

5:50 AM  
Blogger subjewd said...

a bit of alright! alright! I know exactly what you mean!

I wouldnt mind a personal email from you, I hate group emails, yours are good, but you know, well, yeah.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

moisha~!
great photos (of rabbi s.)
so annoyed i wasnt there
ill get over it
im sure

6:14 PM  
Blogger subjewd said...

you'll get over it,
but I won't!

7:55 PM  
Blogger mendy said...

Did you lose your computer?
Why aren't you posting anymore?

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home