Hendel does Israel

While I may no longer technically be in Israel, I have no intention of stopping who I am or what I am about. We all know the timeless Chabad teaching of "Mach Doh Eretz Yisael" - its very empowering. I'll let you know about my journey, my struggles and my dreams. JaHbless.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Hebron to Amona...

Just to recap the events of the past 12 or so hours...

Right now I am sitting in an apartment in French Hill, with a friend I met in Chevron. He is well clued in into the settler happenings so I'm joining him wherever the path takes us.

Last night, after an interesting bus ride into chevron, where kids where yelling at soliders to 'refuse orders' - the head officer told the soilders they didn't have permission to speak to the settlers, I arrived at the Marat Hamachpelah.
Chevron was extremely quiet, and no one there really knew what was happening with the houses slated for removal...
The place was though, swarming with a lively group if teenage boys and girls who took off school to support the cause. The town set up rooms of bunkbeds, and tables of chumus and bread for the guest who arrived to help. I claimed a bed, and chatted to a few kids who, with balaclavas on their faces headed out, to cause a 'balagan' in this case , puncturing police tyeres...

In the morning we were told the news that the resdidents voted, and came to a resolutions that they will leave peacefully - the army didn't really give them much choice, either:

1. they leave peacefully and thus might be able to move back in in a few months
2. leave with force and their houses destroyed completely

So, all the kids, me included, packed our things and are making our way to a yishuv in amona, amona is near ofra about 20mins north of Jerusalem, and is slated for destruction...

once again, I have no idea if they will reach an agreement with the army, I have no idea if I can help, but, I'm going to try...

I'm leaving israel in eactly a week (if i'm not in prison) - so, I feel now is the oppertunity, to leave formal learning (yeshivah) for a little bit, and do my part in helping fight for this holy holy land.

Just to explain:

when i say fight, i do not mean beating soliders, I will not hit another jew, what I mean is struggle and protest.

Here is a quote from Israelnn.com:

"All attention is now turned to Amona, overlooking Ofrah north of Jerusalem. No agreement has been reached, and some 7,000 police and soldiers have been training to forcibly destroy nine Jewish-built homes. Hundreds of Land of Israel supporters are expected to try to arrive, and violence is expected.MK Uri Ariel (National Union) and his family moved to Amona last night. "Olmert has no god, he'll do everything to look strong and determined," Ariel said, "even if the entire society has to pay the price."

Yeah!Yeah!Settler Machine!

These photos might take a while to load, i couldn't compress them...



These are the houses
in chevron that are being discussed














Soldiers patrolling the area of the houses.
On the houses are banners which
say that this land is Jewish land
and the Jews were forced to leace after massacres in 1928







This is where I spent the night
with the hilltop hoodlems
it was like the wildwest
meets Gan Izzy camp!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dovid said...

maish, please update us on your holy work!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monios!!! Love your work. I like this ein-psik relationship. Im doin the learning in Jtown for u and your doing the settler machine thing for me. Together we can (and will) take over the world.

Ja Bless,

Balanga.

P.S Hope the sitra achra situation is going ok. Im wondering if all this common idealism is causing some sort of a klep...

8:42 AM  
Blogger Dovid said...

maish, i was just looking at pictures of the evacuation, and it looks pretty nasty. are you alright? either way, you did the right thing.

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home